Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
Hey whats up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Feb 2005, 12:59 pm   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default Hey whats up

Hey wahts up every1 and i own a 1995 mazda rx7 r2 and im about to buy a nissan 350z and i just wanna know if the 350z motor is the same motor as the skyline just without the turbos, and can u turbo charge it, sorry its sort of a dumb question, all i ever worked on were on my rx7's i had( ive had 13 rx7's) i love those cars, i just would like to have a skuline of my own!!
ROTARYSPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2005, 01:18 pm   #2 (permalink)
Regular Tremekian

different, the skyline GTR uses the RB26DET (2.6 inline 6) and the 350z uses a 3.5 v6 (not sure of engine code) iirc there are turbo kits for the 350z but im not too clued up on this.

id keep the rx7 if i was you, looks way better than the z! spend your money on getting mega power from the rx7 (and frequent rebuilds )
Chris-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2005, 01:49 pm   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

oh really, thanx a lot man!!! and my rx7 has modifications already!!! ive already spent about 2500 dollars into it, i really dont want to go with a single turbo kit, i like the twinz!!! ive done all the work myself!!! ive had that car about 2 yrs now, see im your im only 19!!! so i need a car to drive everyday because i dont want put so many miles into my car and i was thinking of buying a 350z for an everyday driver , because why lie they are also cool looking cars
Old 09 Feb 2005, 01:50 pm   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

and i havent dynoed my car yet but i think going to hit 400
Old 09 Feb 2005, 04:53 pm   #5 (permalink)
Regular Tremekian

im not saying they are not nice looking, they are just a bit too bland in my eyes, not much road presence if you know what i mean! if i saw it in my mirror, i wouldnt get out of the way

but hey if you can afford it, go for it, you only live once! and how you get these nice cars at 19? im 21 and give my left leg for an rx7!
Chris-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2005, 08:34 pm   #6 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to Sp3aK

Yeah I'm 19 and I've really only got one car.. It's worth like $1,000!

I really don't like 350z 's that much. A while back there was a lightly modded one at my dads shop and I got to go on the test drive, my dad said is is fast, not really impressive or outstanding, and the handling isn't really that great.

I've driven like 3 different model 300zx's and they all steer "heavy", which is what my dad said the 350 was like. I would invest you money in something better... Get an Evo or a WRX Or if you want a decent daily driver maybe look into a used Volvo (There's some very nice 90's model 850 Turbos out there). If you have the money get a Volvo 850 T5-R They are sweet.

'86 Volvo 240 DL Wagon (153rwhp / 202ft-lb @ 10psi)
Sp3aK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2005, 06:44 am   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default thanx

i work hard for hard for my cars and im a student also, but my dad had my rx7 first , he gave it to me for my 17th bday ( dont think im rich or something trust me im far from rich, it was my dads project car but he neve had time for , because he was alswys working and he gave it to me when i asked for it !!!!!! thats freaking awesome!!!! ). volvo r good cars!!!! my dad has an turbo diesel volvo, its an old school!!!! they r pretty wuick for such a big car, but in my opinion any car is good just as long as u treat it right

but thanx guys for your comments,

and by the way my friend is selling his 94 rx7 for 8.000 dollars!!!! it has couple miles on it (96.000 miles) but he always treated the car like a queen and it runs like its still new