Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
mod 2 make next

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2004, 06:32 pm   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default mod 2 make next

I drive a 94' prelude with a 2.3l and just a haltech intake off a corvette that i have, what should i do next?
adam luder94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2004, 07:02 pm   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam luder94
I drive a 94' prelude with a 2.3l and just a haltech intake off a corvette that i have, what should i do next?
Introduce yourself
Old 08 Dec 2004, 07:34 pm   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default introducing myself

My name is Adam and i'm from austin,texas. I'm 16 and drive a 94 lude. It is my first car and bought it with 57,357 miles on it so i couldnt pass it up. So far I only have an intake but getting wheels/tires soon. I decided not to get a header yet because i plan to get a t3/t04 turbo in the future so dont want to spend the money on something i will eventually take off. I also have some custom painting in and around the car plus an audiobahn system that i am now installing. So far my race history is 4-1 beating a v-6 stang, saab 9-3 aero, and a 240sx twice but did lose to a 95' 5.0.
Old 08 Dec 2004, 07:37 pm   #4 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

woo V6 stang...A SAAB!!!!!....... preety soon ull be taking down lambos
new_formula_S2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2004, 12:45 pm   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

What direction do you want to take the car; drag, auto-x, track days, canyon carving?

I would recommend that you take some driving courses at the some local tracks and do some auto-x to improve your driving skill before you make the car faster.
puckaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2004, 03:43 pm   #6 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam luder94
My name is Adam and i'm from austin,texas. I'm 16 and drive a 94 lude. It is my first car and bought it with 57,357 miles on it so i couldnt pass it up. So far I only have an intake but getting wheels/tires soon. I decided not to get a header yet because i plan to get a t3/t04 turbo in the future so dont want to spend the money on something i will eventually take off. I also have some custom painting in and around the car plus an audiobahn system that i am now installing. So far my race history is 4-1 beating a v-6 stang, saab 9-3 aero, and a 240sx twice but did lose to a 95' 5.0.
And all you have in it is an intake!!!!! I really don't see how that could of beat a 240 or I would also include a Saab but I really don't know about them. I'm an owner of a 92 240SX HB. I beet a 5 spd prelude, the new ones, and I'm runing bone stock. Are you sure that's all you have in it or if the guys new how to drive??? And damn if you seriously are legit with your story......props go to yah.....
FRESH_AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2004, 03:51 pm   #7 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Was wondering the same thing. Must be a single cam 240!

Lots of parts out there to mod a lude though!
nismoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2004, 08:24 pm   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default maybe

[QUOTE=FRESH_AZ]And all you have in it is an intake!!!!! I really don't see how that could of beat a 240 or I would also include a Saab but I really don't know about them. I'm an owner of a 92 240SX HB. I beet a 5 spd prelude, the new ones, and I'm runing bone stock. Are you sure that's all you have in it or if the guys new how to drive??? And damn if you seriously are legit with your story......props go to yah..... [/QUOTE

Well, I can say we both had a passenger, 5-speeds, and I believe the 240 was a early 90's model. At the stop sign, his friend called "go" and I took him off the line and from their it seemed I had longer gears. I think he only had an intake as well. The Saab was an 04' 4-door with manumatic shifting and 210hp.
Old 09 Dec 2004, 08:25 pm   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoron
Was wondering the same thing. Must be a single cam 240!

Lots of parts out there to mod a lude though!
It was an early 90's model if that helps and a 5-speed.
Old 09 Dec 2004, 08:29 pm   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default what i'd like

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckaveli
What direction do you want to take the car; drag, auto-x, track days, canyon carving?

I would recommend that you take some driving courses at the some local tracks and do some auto-x to improve your driving skill before you make the car faster.
I like a car that handles out on the lake roads nearby but also a little stoplight drag. Can't afford tires for those track days. Please get back to me. THANKS
Old 11 Dec 2004, 02:23 am   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

Send a message via AIM to Still_Good

Okay, to start off, I go to the Seattle area street races every weekend I don't drive in my friend's 95 240sx, with I/H/E. Its not that fast. In fact, its not fast at all. My galant blew its doors off at 8psi, a 128 compression across the board.

Secondly, as far as the prelude goes... With minimal drilling a DSM exhaust manifold will bolt to any non-vtec H or F series motor. This gives you a cheap means of turboing your car. All you'll need are some DSM 450cc injectors (they can be easily modified to fit your fuel rail) a fuel pressure regulator, fuel pump, DSM exhaust manifold, any turbo that bolts to the mitsu flange, and a downpipe (that is, if you plan on running an exhaust.)

This will give you the most power for the money, and can all be done in a few hours and for about $500. We've done it on two of my friend's accords.

However I will caution you that the stock 14b found on production DSMs is woefully undersized for a motor of 2.2 or 2.3L size. I'd recommend at least a 16g, probably a 20g if you can find one used for a good price.
Still_Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2004, 10:57 am   #12 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Thats because it was a 95. slowest of all the 240's after 90.

To add the 450 injectors you will HAVE to add some way to manage them, or you will run WAY rich and wash the rings in your motor! Some sort od SAFC or Emanage at a minimum. These are capable comping up to 150% of original injector size. I dont know the stock injectors in a Prelude so I cant say if it will work. If 450's are too large to be comped by either of these, you can go with smaller injectors (turbo automatic DSM's have 390cc) or with some sort of stand alone fuel management will be able to controll ANY size injector. Also the DSM injectors are low impedance and will need a resistor wired inline with each injector or you will burn up your ECU. You will also need to be able to retard you tming under boost conditions. An E-manage can do this with the optional ignition harness.
nismoron is offline   Reply With Quote