Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
93 vw fox

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Aug 2007, 07:37 pm   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Default 93 vw fox

is there a way to make the fox way the hell faster than what it is now i have put some parts on the fox but that is not enough power dose eny one have eny ideas for me

Old 29 Aug 2007, 07:39 pm   #2 (permalink)
LSxless In Seattle

Default Re: 93 vw fox

< learn it, love it, use it
Old 30 Aug 2007, 01:32 pm   #3 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to Gir89

VR6/1.8t swap

what motor is in it right now?
Old 21 Sep 2007, 05:05 pm   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir89 View Post
VR6/1.8t swap

what motor is in it right now?
it has the 1.8L in it as of now but i now know not to put a VR6 in the fox and now like to put a audi 80 bubble block in the mid of the car with all cinds of mod so what do you think
Old 22 Sep 2007, 10:07 am   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to Soup

Do you know how to do all the massive modifications necessary for turning a front engine front drive car into a mid engine rear drive one?
Old 22 Sep 2007, 11:02 am   #6 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyreyes View Post
it has the 1.8L in it as of now but i now know not to put a VR6 in the fox and now like to put a audi 80 bubble block in the mid of the car with all cinds of mod so what do you think

um

your crazy unless you have very deep pockets
Old 22 Sep 2007, 11:24 am   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
Do you know how to do all the massive modifications necessary for turning a front engine front drive car into a mid engine rear drive one?
yes i do know how to do that maybe that is why i have pass the ASE test at LATT. it is what i do for a living my guy i just like to know what you people think about and if you can give me ideas of what kind of engine you would put in the mid of the fox. i just see all of the vw shows and there is no vw fox any where in the whole show i like to put one in the mix of all of the outher vw's so ya this is not my frist car at all my last car is off the hook if the vid dose not work just cheak me out on my space
my e-mail is rockyreyes18@yahoo.comi like to say im good at what i do and it is the only vid that plays auto so you know it me you hear in the back ground so hit me up people

<h3>General Lee Audi drifting</h3>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" data="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4292626232047272481&amp;hl= en">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4292626232047272481&amp;hl= en" />
<param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=true" />
</object></td></tr><tr><td>[url=<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal"
Old 22 Sep 2007, 11:29 am   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
um

your crazy unless you have very deep pockets
if you stay in school youll get what you want in life man that is how i can do the spending of the money it is cool but it dose not come all at once ya call me crazy it is a fox man on one has one and it is what i like so what type of shit are you in to or what cind of mods do you have on your car
Old 22 Sep 2007, 09:03 pm   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to Soup

[QUOTE=rockyreyes;397132] yes i do know how to do that maybe that is why i have pass the ASE test at LATT. it is what i do for a living my guy i just like to know what you people think about and if you can give me ideas of what kind of engine you would put in the mid of the fox. i just see all of the vw shows and there is no vw fox any where in the whole show i like to put one in the mix of all of the outher vw's so ya this is not my frist car at all my last car is off the hook if the vid dose not work just cheak me out on my space
my e-mail is rockyreyes18@yahoo.comi like to say im good at what i do and it is the only vid that plays auto so you know it me you hear in the back ground so hit me up people

<h3>General Lee Audi drifting</h3>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="350" width="425" style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" data="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4292626232047272481&amp;hl= en">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4292626232047272481&amp;hl= en" />
<param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=true" />
</object></td></tr><tr><td>[url=<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" [/QUOTE]

It was just a question dude, no reason to flip a shit. The reason I asked is that everyone wants to turn their first P.O.S. car into some kind of wild racer. I wanted to swap a 2jz into my 93 corolla at one point. If you have the knowhow to put a motor into the middle of a fox, I'd recommend the passat 1.8t, I've heard that the stock tranny can be easily modified to switch from front engine fwd to rear engine rwd.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 06:16 pm   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
It was just a question dude, no reason to flip a shit. The reason I asked is that everyone wants to turn their first P.O.S. car into some kind of wild racer. I wanted to swap a 2jz into my 93 corolla at one point. If you have the knowhow to put a motor into the middle of a fox, I'd recommend the passat 1.8t, I've heard that the stock tranny can be easily modified to switch from front engine fwd to rear engine rwd.
that sound good ill look it up
Old 24 Sep 2007, 01:48 am   #11 (permalink)
Super Moderator

i say put your G/F in there. im sure she is a good runner take pics of the strip down before u put her in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairKunt View Post
Yeh have a deathmatch at a school, totally Americanize it
Old 24 Sep 2007, 12:38 pm   #12 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Quote:
It was just a question dude, no reason to flip a shit. The reason I asked is that everyone wants to turn their first P.O.S. car into some kind of wild racer.
exactly i wanted to turbo my 2.0liter 8v jetta but waited now i have a Mark 5 gti that is plenty fast till i get out of school then a VF engineering GT28 turbo kit with new internals, manifolds, software, FMIC etc etc and make a around 400hp.

as i said before ive if you want to go mid engine use a VR6 thats what ive seen done like here
1996 Volkswagen Mk3 Golf - Eurotuner Magazine

or if you wanna spend LOTS of money keep it front engine like this corrado

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC - Import & Tuner Car - Eurotuner Magazine

and by the way i didnt mean to insult there arent many VW guy on here

Good luck with your fox

Last edited by Gir89; 24 Sep 2007 at 12:40 pm.
Old 24 Sep 2007, 02:03 pm   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
exactly i wanted to turbo my 2.0liter 8v jetta but waited now i have a Mark 5 gti that is plenty fast till i get out of school then a VF engineering GT28 turbo kit with new internals, manifolds, software, FMIC etc etc and make a around 400hp.

as i said before ive if you want to go mid engine use a VR6 thats what ive seen done like here
1996 Volkswagen Mk3 Golf - Eurotuner Magazine

or if you wanna spend LOTS of money keep it front engine like this corrado

1992 Volkswagen Corrado SLC - Import & Tuner Car - Eurotuner Magazine

and by the way i didnt mean to insult there arent many VW guy on here

Good luck with your fox
here is what i like to do make the fox in to a mid engine rally car with these parts Engine: 5 cylinder Audi code 3B. Bored block with pistons from JE. Modified stock connecting rods, balanced crankshaft from VW Santana, Sportquattro cylinderhead reworked by -::Topplocksverkstan::- . Modified NRG 298 degree camshafts, lifts 11,5. Camgear from sportquattro, hydraulic lifters from Audi RS4, valveretainers from Audi A-2, Setrab oilcooler, reducers from MOFS. Ignition: Sportquattro distributor, MSD digital ECU, MSD sparkwires. Fuelsystem: Autronic SM4, 1600 cc injectors, dual BOSCH 044 fuelpumps, TRC fuelfilter, dual An8 feedlines, single An8 returnline. All hoses and unions from EARL and are stainless teflonhoses with pressed joints. 45 L fuelcell. Turbocharger: Precision PT76 with antisurge. exhaust- and inletmanifolds from Furans and wastegate from Martinsson racing old 80 quattro to rule them all. Blow-off valve from KL. Body: General Lee-inspired paintjob done by Jörgen busk and company. Visit Dukes of Hazzard for more. wheel powerstats: 750whp 7500rpm Transmission: permanent fourwheel drive quattro generation 1, sinter clutchplate and Audi S1 pressureplate. Lockable intermediary and rear differentials. High-performance chassis: Stock shockabsorbers, chassis lowered 50 mm, front swaybar removed, Roadkit from KL including all wishbonebushings and topbearings. Steering: Servounit removed Tires and rims: BBS 15" with 205/50/15 BF Goodrich Dragradials for racing Avantgarde 17" rims with 225/40 for cruising Topspeed: Gearbox with
Old 27 Sep 2007, 12:57 pm   #14 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=6b3_1189100975" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>
Old 27 Sep 2007, 10:44 pm   #15 (permalink)
EH!
Senior Tremekian

Send a message via MSN to EH!

EDIT.... learn how to use this stuff man

Closed Thread