Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
What to Mod first on 350z?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2005, 04:50 pm   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Talking What to Mod first on 350z?

I just bought a used 350z enthusiast model, I never owned a z so I don't where to start. I want power but with control and to be streetable. I like the turbo kits out on the market but which one performs the best? Anybody with experience on this particular car please give some good advise. :banghead:
BlasterZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2005, 05:23 pm   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

go to TREMEK then look under nissan viedos then 350z Tt Aps if u have that much money thats what i would buy
cool240sx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2005, 05:53 pm   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bmxer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlasterZ
I just bought a used 350z enthusiast model, I never owned a z so I don't where to start. I want power but with control and to be streetable. I like the turbo kits out on the market but which one performs the best? Anybody with experience on this particular car please give some good advise. :banghead:
exhaust and intake. stay away from turbos unless you can drop 20g in it. WHY you ask?
bc itll cost you about 20k to get the turbos installed in it, gauges etc, and tune time etc. plus a lot of **** always goes wrong.
and if your lookin for power and reliability and control then turbo isnt the way to go.
bmxer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2005, 07:42 pm   #4 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Go for NISMO kits and not very high power tuner like HKS & GREDDY. NISMO's have parts for street tune cheaper than others
Old 09 Oct 2005, 06:25 am   #5 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer8699
exhaust and intake. stay away from turbos unless you can drop 20g in it. WHY you ask?
bc itll cost you about 20k to get the turbos installed in it, gauges etc, and tune time etc. plus a lot of **** always goes wrong.
and if your lookin for power and reliability and control then turbo isnt the way to go.
What!!!

Weebuild turbo kits for many cars at less than a quarter of that price. We havent built one for a 350, but have worked on many. It would only cost about a grand to install one of the premade kits from greddy or turbonetics or whoever.

And as far a things going wrong... We have only had one customers car with a problem related to his turbo setup... He cracjked a ring land from running too much boost. He was warned and did it anywayt on purpose to have an excuse to build the motor.

We even hand made a kit for a 240sx in 5 days, cranked it up on friday evening and drove it 200 miles to a drift competition where it took 4th place! And it drove home. The only problem encountered was that the wastegate loosened. Al it took to fix was tightening 2 bolts.... done!

Point of this rant is that you can get it done for much less than 20G even if you buy one of those expensive premade kits. Check with your locar import speed shop.
nismoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 11:58 am   #6 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

A good first mod if you dont have much money to spend is NISMO headers with NISMO exhaust my friend did that to his and noticed huge results right away.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 01:51 pm   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer8699
I agree with you, and you basically mean instead of just a bolt on turbo kit, I should rebuild the whole engine to fully support a turbo system. That could be expensive. Fact of the matter after reading most of the comments I guess I should just go with N/A Tuning. :thanks:
Old 09 Oct 2005, 01:57 pm   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoron
What!!!

Weebuild turbo kits for many cars at less than a quarter of that price. We havent built one for a 350, but have worked on many. It would only cost about a grand to install one of the premade kits from greddy or turbonetics or whoever.

And as far a things going wrong... We have only had one customers car with a problem related to his turbo setup... He cracjked a ring land from running too much boost. He was warned and did it anywayt on purpose to have an excuse to build the motor.

We even hand made a kit for a 240sx in 5 days, cranked it up on friday evening and drove it 200 miles to a drift competition where it took 4th place! And it drove home. The only problem encountered was that the wastegate loosened. Al it took to fix was tightening 2 bolts.... done!

Point of this rant is that you can get it done for much less than 20G even if you buy one of those expensive premade kits. Check with your locar import speed shop.
I would love to put on a custom set up but I need the kit to be CARB legal for CA. So I have to put on a Greddy, or Jim Wolf kit. Most people are telling me just to do bolt on N/A tuning for best reliablity,but I think one of the big companies will put progress reports from test cars that have a turbo kit on.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 01:58 pm   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by H22DC2
A good first mod if you dont have much money to spend is NISMO headers with NISMO exhaust my friend did that to his and noticed huge results right away.
this is the one my wallet likes and my wife agrees
Old 09 Oct 2005, 02:01 pm   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuraguy
Go for NISMO kits and not very high power tuner like HKS & GREDDY. NISMO's have parts for street tune cheaper than others
Does NISMO have a turbo or supercharger kit out in Japan?Do you think the GReddy kit is worth the money or the new HKS Rotex which is very expensive? :thanks:
Old 09 Oct 2005, 02:03 pm   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool240sx9
go to TREMEK then look under nissan viedos then 350z Tt Aps if u have that much money thats what i would buy
That Turbo set up is bad A$$! But 10 grand is a little steep, but I ll keep that in my wish list .
Old 09 Oct 2005, 02:04 pm   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bmxer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlasterZ
I agree with you, and you basically mean instead of just a bolt on turbo kit, I should rebuild the whole engine to fully support a turbo system. That could be expensive. Fact of the matter after reading most of the comments I guess I should just go with N/A Tuning. :thanks:
yes. forged parts will be your friend.
bmxer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 04:05 pm   #13 (permalink)
Obsessed Tremekian

ok look bro 1/2 these dudes dont know what their talkin about.(sorry guys but you dont) take it from someone who owns s 350z and a decent one if i may say so myself. if you make it f/i you can drive your car as a daily driver and not have any real problems.just keep up with maintnence and you should be cool. aps kit is most reliable but you gotta have a deep pocket. greddy is cheaper and still pretty good.power enterprise makes a kit but dont know too much about it. turbonetics makes a single kit looks promising but not enough people have it to put up good reviews.or you could so s/c witch are more reliable than tt and cheaper,stillen kit is cheap hks one is kinda expensive.and it also matters if yours is manual or auto, if its manual id go turbo or twin but if its auto id go s/c. but ultimatly if you do choose to go f/i your gonna want/need to have a buncha other crap(boost controler,gauges,clutch,flywheel,fuel system,etc.) so keep that in mind before you buy an f/i system. one bad thing about owning cars like ours is that everything is really expensive.no 20k like bmxer said but more than other imports.if you do choose a twin kit and buy all the crap you need/want youll end up spending about 9-11k including cost for installation. compared to other imports where it only costs about 1,2k to go f/i. thats my .02, but good choice on the car and good luck! :thumb:

and by the way i own a 03 black track 350z w/navi leather seats,clarion sterio,2 tv's in visors/w dvd player, nismo shift knob,sp engineering carbon fiber radiator panel,injen intake,unorthodox racing flywheel,act 6 puck carbon clutch,350evo shortshifter, 20" gunmetal volk racing GT-C rims/with dunlop sp9000 tires 255f,285r

your probly wondering how to you know all this crap about f/i 350z? i know a few people with f/i z's
EVILZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 04:27 pm   #14 (permalink)
Obsessed Tremekian

http://photobucket.com/albums/a242/E.../?sc=1&multi=6

pics of my car
EVILZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 05:08 pm   #15 (permalink)
Obsessed Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to JGT8229

that car is sick man
JGT8229 is offline   Reply With Quote