Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
What to Mod first on 350z?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2005, 05:54 pm   #16 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Well I can assure that we know what we are talking about.. we build many turbo Nissans and our main technician is a Nissan Master technician in current standing, with over 14 years experience.

I would agree, go with the premade setup. Especially if you need to be carb legal. But it will not cost you 20G's. The Greddy kit is only 6 or 8 g's right?
Any shop that charges more than a grand for installation is screwing you. Go some place else. That's about the labor we charge to MAKE a kit, not just install it.

The premade kits are designee to bolt onto a stock VQ30 and do not need the forged internals and the upgraded fuel systems etc. If the engine is stock, you will not need a boost controller either. Only reason to mess with the boost is to blow the engine on purpose. The kit is already at the recommended boost level for a stock engine. I would also go ahead and use the stock clutch. It is pretty beefy and should be fine, unless you like doing burnouts and such... Anyway, use it for what its worth and upgrade when you wear it out.

As far as the supercharger kits for the 350, they are cheaper, but I have been very unimpressed with they performance they provide. The bang for the buck is just not there... Several grand for only a few hp...
nismoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 07:29 pm   #17 (permalink)
Obsessed Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to DriftingRz Send a message via MSN to DriftingRz

well since you just got it do the basics like bmxer said intake, exhaust, headers.
DriftingRz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 09:32 pm   #18 (permalink)
Obsessed Tremekian

nismoron im not sayin that your a dumbass or anything bro, neither am i calling anyone else a dumbass im just sayin that some of the other comments were a bit exagerated.and im curious what kind of costom turbo setups have you made for my car? and rydenturbo, thanks man.
EVILZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 09:52 pm   #19 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Beautiful Z Bro that car is sweet as hell
Old 09 Oct 2005, 10:22 pm   #20 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILZ33
nismoron im not sayin that your a dumbass or anything bro, neither am i calling anyone else a dumbass im just sayin that some of the other comments were a bit exagerated.and im curious what kind of costom turbo setups have you made for my car? and rydenturbo, thanks man.

I didn't figure that you were. As I stated above, we havent made any kits for the Z33, but we have worked on a few. Our main tech is a Nissan Master tech and works on them daily.

For what he is trying to do, I would figure 10 grand for a nice premade kit, installed with a few gauges and a hour or two on the dyno. I would probably recommend at least an emanage to tune it with. I might be able to write the ECU on one. I have never looked under the hood of the ecu in a Z33. If the ECU is socketable or able to connect a daughterboard, I can write a .bin file for it

I always laugh at all of these JWT ecu's that people buy for 500-600 dollars. All they do is install a 28pin dip socket (box of 10 for $1.79) and burn a .bin file to the chip ($18.00 for 5 chips) with a burner that costs about $50. It takes about 10-15 mins to socket the ECU and about 30 secs to burn a chip. You can spend countless hours tuning the .bin file, but I'm sure they have pleanty of files saved for just about anything anyone could want tuned...
nismoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Oct 2005, 12:39 pm   #21 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bmxer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILZ33
ok look bro 1/2 these dudes dont know what their talkin about.(sorry guys but you dont) take it from someone who owns s 350z and a decent one if i may say so myself. if you make it f/i you can drive your car as a daily driver and not have any real problems.just keep up with maintnence and you should be cool. aps kit is most reliable but you gotta have a deep pocket. greddy is cheaper and still pretty good.power enterprise makes a kit but dont know too much about it. turbonetics makes a single kit looks promising but not enough people have it to put up good reviews.or you could so s/c witch are more reliable than tt and cheaper,stillen kit is cheap hks one is kinda expensive.and it also matters if yours is manual or auto, if its manual id go turbo or twin but if its auto id go s/c. but ultimatly if you do choose to go f/i your gonna want/need to have a buncha other crap(boost controler,gauges,clutch,flywheel,fuel system,etc.) so keep that in mind before you buy an f/i system. one bad thing about owning cars like ours is that everything is really expensive.no 20k like bmxer said but more than other imports.if you do choose a twin kit and buy all the crap you need/want youll end up spending about 9-11k including cost for installation. compared to other imports where it only costs about 1,2k to go f/i. thats my .02, but good choice on the car and good luck! :thumb:

and by the way i own a 03 black track 350z w/navi leather seats,clarion sterio,2 tv's in visors/w dvd player, nismo shift knob,sp engineering carbon fiber radiator panel,injen intake,unorthodox racing flywheel,act 6 puck carbon clutch,350evo shortshifter, 20" gunmetal volk racing GT-C rims/with dunlop sp9000 tires 255f,285r

your probly wondering how to you know all this crap about f/i 350z? i know a few people with f/i z's

but if you dont know crap about turbos, plz dont get one your wasting your money, learn about the stuff then buy. i gurantee youll eff something up in the 1st month.
bmxer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2005, 08:19 am   #22 (permalink)
Obsessed Tremekian

yea hes right.id learn as much crap as possible then buy witch is what your doing so keep it up :thumb:
EVILZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Oct 2005, 08:54 am   #23 (permalink)
Dedicated Tremekian

Send a message via MSN to ford_racer

i say build everything to be prepared for the forced induction (fuel, clutches, and all that bs that everyone has mentioned) and then save up your money to get a nice supercharging kit or twin turbo kit. just be sure not to turn the boost levels up to high blah blah blah.

build for it first, then when you've got all the stuff thats necessary done, get the kit. dont buy it all at one time unless you got that kinda money
Broken Sideskirt mod
ford_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2010, 03:45 am   #24 (permalink)

Default Re: What to Mod first on 350z?

This swap

Old 09 Feb 2010, 06:16 am   #25 (permalink)
LuCiFeR

Send a message via AIM to Traction Issuez

and most importantly, the driver mod........

RICO BRICKINGTON

Traction Issuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2010, 06:17 am   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction Issuez View Post
and most importantly, the driver mod........
It's a 350z gonna need more then a driver
That's like asking a miata to be quick with just a driver
Old 09 Feb 2010, 06:53 am   #27 (permalink)
LuCiFeR

Send a message via AIM to Traction Issuez

miata needs a 5.0 or ls. then a driver cause no kid can control that.

RICO BRICKINGTON

Traction Issuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Feb 2010, 08:12 pm   #28 (permalink)

**** this thread is OLD
Old 10 Feb 2010, 07:07 am   #29 (permalink)
VIPER>ZR1

Send a message via AIM to 97talon

Lol. Its not even a good bump.
97talon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2010, 12:15 pm   #30 (permalink)

on these cars you can get a used kit for like 4 grand and make an amazing 400-450rw!