Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
Honda Engine Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Oct 2005, 11:17 am   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Default Honda Engine Build

So I sold my 200sx Turbo and I go for Honda Prelude. Ive just wondering if somebody can help me out with informations and how to do it.
So in plan is building how I understand the engine called Frankenstein. I plan to put that engine in Honda Civic 4th generation. Please help me with some informations or if somebody have some other idea or something else and of course what i have to modyfied to work properly. You can post here or PM. Thanks a lot!!!!!
JESMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2005, 08:24 am   #2 (permalink)
XXX

Send a message via AIM to Haakon Send a message via MSN to Haakon

what kinda engine is it? h22,h23 etc.....?
Old 09 Oct 2005, 11:14 am   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

How I get it is B18C1 clynder head bolted on B20 engine block, ECU from Integra. I wonder does anybody make it or any other engine connections? I thinking of puting in CRX '91 or Civic '91.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 11:56 am   #4 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

The B20/B18c1 is a good combo but it lacks the ability to rev high if bone stock.Your best bet would be just a B18c1 or maybe a B16b.I am running an H22 in my integra and it is fast but i am boosted as well.A really good combo is the H23 block With the H22 head it makes for good horsepower and torque but it is a frankenstein as well.
Old 09 Oct 2005, 12:08 pm   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ive definatly go for combo engine, but is there any combo for high revs? Im not going to connect parts and leve them stock, Ive thinging on modyfieding them a little like throttle body, rods, high rev cams. So B20/B18c1 with these modyfied parts and of corse fuel prssure regulator, bigger injectors, not to much just few things to help engine to rev good. That is a plan, expensive one, but it is a plan any cheeper idea of same or close result?
Old 09 Oct 2005, 05:35 pm   #6 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

a good combo but a bit expensive is a B18C1/C5 block with a B16B head it will raise your compression and allow you to rev to at least 8500 just dont take it much above that on a stock bottom end or you might have problems in the near future.A cheap frankenmotor would be to buy a B18 ls block and get a B16a head you will have to get all your oil lines tapped and all that sh.it but it wont cost you an arm and a leg.Typical ls/vtec swap
Old 09 Oct 2005, 11:53 pm   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Do you know someone who have this combo? How it runs? I thinking to put him in Civic or CRX but its ripped off everything inside, max lightweighted its posible

Last edited by JESMO; 10 Oct 2005 at 04:20 am.
Old 10 Oct 2005, 09:04 am   #8 (permalink)
Fanatic Tremekian

my best friend is running it in his 89 crx hf i helped him build it and before i got my turbo he beat my car and i ran a 13.8 at the track.Tranny wise he is running the c5 tranny with stock lsd but it is working for him and it is reliable he has had no problems yet except he cracked his headers.
Old 03 Nov 2005, 11:03 am   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Send a message via Yahoo to yota_fst

go to dh-racing.com and check out there stuff.
they have really good deals on engines.