Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Car Tech Section > Performance Modifications

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
the H6 swap

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2005, 07:37 pm   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Default the H6 swap

would the 3.0 H6 from the outback ll bean edition be a sick engine, could u slap a turbo on there and haul ass?
paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2005, 01:50 pm   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The WRX swap would be cheaper and better.
puckaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2005, 07:28 pm   #3 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

i say go for it...

It's got an SVX motor with built internals and supposedly will be pushing over 1000 whp

mv420xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 08:44 pm   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckaveli
The WRX swap would be cheaper and better.
i just wanted to know if it has been done or could it be done

and i didn't know the svx engine is a flat 6 but i only know little bits of the impreza so i'm not supprised.
paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2005, 12:32 am   #5 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckaveli
The Norm would be cheaper and better.

Why do I ALWAYS find this on 98% of the forums when it comes imports?
It seems like when it comes to going to an engine with more cylinders (and displacement) it's the worst idea ever. It may not be a cheap swap (especially if your pionerring it), but you can't say the smaller engine would be "better."

I'm not trying to pick you puckaveli, it just seems like I see that a lot in the import world. The only reason why I can see this swap getting stupid in costs real fast is if it's similar to the 20b swap in rx7's. With the 20b's if your not gonna go massive upgrade on the turbo's, and full engine management, it's pretty much a pointless swap (the factory ECU is suppost to be a total nightmare to setup). 20b Turbo swaps don't go for under 20k, even with most of your own labor.

I'm suprised it took this long for someone to put an H6 in another subaru and built the crap out of it. It seems like the next step to building a kick ass 2.5. I'm thinking Supra/GT-R/TT-Vette eater.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox
would the 3.0 H6 from the outback ll bean edition be a sick engine, could u slap a turbo on there and haul ass?
Well as they always say "with enough money anything is possible." To do it cheaply, more than likely no, and puckaveli would be right. It would be a good idea to find out if the H6 bolts to a wrx tranny (and if the tranny can handle the power and torque) or if the outbacks tranny will work without a lot of fabbing. You'll need to figure out things like mounts, clearance for the radiator, intercooler, turbo's. You'll likely need to get a custom exhaust manifold (or 2) made to fit the turbo's to the engine, then u gotta come up with an ecu to control the engine. And lastly if you were to do this, get yourself a Half cut/front clip, or if you can find one cheap enough, and entire car (find one that was roled or hit in the back perhaps?)
Old 26 Sep 2005, 07:04 am   #6 (permalink)
Regular Tremekian

Send a message via MSN to Tommy_Kira

I dont know anything about the swap.telling you this right now. but i do nothing somthing about swaps..i did a 2.0 turbo 4G63 into a 1.8 eclipse..and just that was hard. and they use the same setups as far as transmition and engine mounts. DO YOUR READING!!! i know alot about the EJ20 and EJ25 ext..but that flat 6 iv only seen 1 time in a SVX. it sounded NICE!!! if you did that i think you could take on the world with proper turbo and tuning. if I was doing it..i would use the 98-2000 body...it would be light and FAST and handle as if it were on rails. but its ganna cost. and if your doing it into a 2002-2005 body. thats even more.
Old 26 Sep 2005, 07:08 am   #7 (permalink)
Regular Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv420xx
i say go for it...

It's got an SVX motor with built internals and supposedly will be pushing over 1000 whp

that WRX is SICK!!!!! thats gatta be the coolest bastard child iv seen in a while.
Old 27 Nov 2005, 10:57 am   #8 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to RabidPony

Man that car is sick. Got any vids of it?
Old 05 Dec 2005, 09:18 pm   #9 (permalink)
Regular Tremekian

it was at this years sema...ITS BAD!!! i went down there with my diesel class..and i saw that and i was holey ****!!! its that H6 from tremek!