Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos  

Go Back   Tremek Car Videos - Street Car Drag Racing Videos > Off Topic > Funny Crazy Wacky Videos

Tremek Car Video Forum

Custom Wheels
What Are We Capable Of? Anonymous

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Jul 2011, 07:52 pm   #1 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

Send a message via AIM to Jonnychadootz
Default What Are We Capable Of? Anonymous

The keyboard is mightier than the sword

Old 22 Jul 2011, 09:37 pm   #2 (permalink)
MCA
Obsessed Tremekian

Default Re: What Are We Capable Of? Anonymous

Ok...

Could you explain this a little more?
MCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm   #3 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

These are people, with no centralized leadership from around the world (meaning they are truly Anonymous) that are taking action against corrupt governments/companies/military etc through the internet and other means. The point is that they are doing this to bring people information and let others know that there are consequences, that you can't keep people in the dark. This is not a 1 time thing (as they have already proven) It's about f*ckin time

Last edited by Jonnychadootz; 23 Jul 2011 at 12:35 pm.
Jonnychadootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2011, 02:37 pm   #4 (permalink)
MCA
Obsessed Tremekian

Sounds good...

But how do "they" know who the enemy is? I saw an attack on Visa on that video, why Visa? and not American Express? for example.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 02:42 pm   #5 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Infractions: 0/1 (100)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnychadootz View Post
These are people, with no centralized leadership from around the world (meaning they are truly Anonymous) that are taking action against corrupt governments/companies/military etc through the internet and other means. The point is that they are doing this to bring people information and let others know that there are consequences, that you can't keep people in the dark. This is not a 1 time thing (as they have already proven) It's about f*ckin time
You forgot to mention that they are a bunch of idiots who are stealing information, doing it for personal gratification, and then they try to say they're doing it for the public good. To try and say they are doing a social service would be like street-racers (relevant) saying they only race to show that it's safe to drive at those speeds and to inform the public that we need to raise the speed limit. We have to fight the corrupt governments who lower the speed limits merely for revenue creation! Total BS.
Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).
ray_sir_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2011, 02:49 pm   #6 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA View Post
Sounds good...

But how do "they" know who the enemy is? I saw an attack on Visa on that video, why Visa? and not American Express? for example.
how it works is:

I go on their IRC channel for instance, I then suggest a target. I need to provide compelling proof and reasoning behind why this is a valid target (btw , any1 can do this) The target/reasoning is then debated on by people on the channel who would be involved (from around the world) If they decide it is a valid target (well u see what happens If not, most of the people will pull their assistance and you really can't get too much done. It has to be a collective goal for anything to be accomplished. The idea behind this is beyond awesome. No leadership, no headfigure. Just people getting shit done

Quote:
You forgot to mention that they are a bunch of idiots who are stealing information, doing it for personal gratification, and then they try to say they're doing it for the public good. To try and say they are doing a social service would be like street-racers (relevant) saying they only race to show that it's safe to drive at those speeds and to inform the public that we need to raise the speed limit. We have to fight the corrupt governments who lower the speed limits merely for revenue creation! Total BS.
Seriously? 1st off you are correlating something that has nothing to do with the other. 2nd, these are people that are bringing you information in place of what would be lies. Other than that they are effecting large corporations/governments etc that think that it is their right to f*ck the same people that make their existence possible.

What personal gain do these people get from giving you something you wouldn't have other than you knowing it? This isn't some kid in his basement doing this. This is a large collective of people from all over the world. So explain to me how it's just a bunch of morons doing it for personal gratification?

Last edited by Jonnychadootz; 23 Jul 2011 at 02:56 pm.
Jonnychadootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2011, 03:30 pm   #7 (permalink)
MCA
Obsessed Tremekian

I like it, I wish them luck...

Last edited by MCA; 23 Jul 2011 at 04:08 pm.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 05:09 pm   #8 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Quote:
Seriously? 1st off you are correlating something that has nothing to do with the other. 2nd, these are people that are bringing you information in place of what would be lies. Other than that they are effecting large corporations/governments etc that think that it is their right to f*ck the same people that make their existence possible.

What personal gain do these people get from giving you something you wouldn't have other than you knowing it? This isn't some kid in his basement doing this. This is a large collective of people from all over the world. So explain to me how it's just a bunch of morons doing it for personal gratification?
Hackers do it for the personal satisfaction. The idea of Anonymous is to also get international recognition. You make it sound like the hackers are sitting around saying, "Hey, let's help the world by giving them info they wouldn't normally have." It's more like this, "Paypal? Hell yeah, that would be a real challenge, something to show how good I really am." They hacked that security site that offered $10k for someone who could change the image of their homepage, and then turned down the money. Who did that help? They could have had the money sent to a charity or something, but instead decided to do it just for the "lulz".

And, yes, some of these hacks are kids in their mom's basement.

Just because you are a government conspiracy nut doesn't mean they are doing what's right. They attacked sites who cut off Wikileaks. These are businesses that didn't want the feds going thru their business as part of an investigation, which is a legitimate business concern. What was the reasoning behind hacking Sony? I'm still waiting for the "valuable info" they gained from that, besides the login (user names/passwords) and CC info, of course. Why aren't they hacking into legitimate terrorist sites? Al Jazeera would be a great source of terrorist contacts that could help us reduce terrorist attacks across the world, same goes for many other sites, but MC and Visa are more important, right?
Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).
Old 23 Jul 2011, 05:31 pm   #9 (permalink)

LulzSec fuked with sony.

The media and social networking sites have gained more audiences.
This shit has been going on for decades, Now it's extremely open to the masses.

The hackers back in the day just did it and not issued threats.

I can careless what they do, Have a life to figure out on my own.

Edit: LulzSec did have humor
anon playing with the west bapist church website was funny too

But common anon was / is spun off from 4chan.com. Weird site anyway

Last edited by American Psycho; 23 Jul 2011 at 05:42 pm.
American Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2011, 11:15 pm   #10 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Psycho View Post
LulzSec fuked with sony.
LulzSec is a spin-off of Anon, and they have admitted to doing it just for fun. I have no issue with them because they aren't passing themselves off as a greater social movement, they are in it for the Lulz.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 11:42 pm   #11 (permalink)
Veteran Tremekian

Send a message via MSN to Magnusen

I think memphis is their leader
Magnusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 08:56 am   #12 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

Quote:
Just because you are a government conspiracy nut doesn't mean they are doing what's right. They attacked sites who cut off Wikileaks. These are businesses that didn't want the feds going thru their business as part of an investigation, which is a legitimate business concern. What was the reasoning behind hacking Sony? I'm still waiting for the "valuable info" they gained from that, besides the login (user names/passwords) and CC info, of course. Why aren't they hacking into legitimate terrorist sites? Al Jazeera would be a great source of terrorist contacts that could help us reduce terrorist attacks across the world, same goes for many other sites, but MC and Visa are more important, right?
I love how I'm a gov conspiracy nut (so be it) because I agree with what been accomplished as a whole. They have made some people wake the f*ck up. So it's not true that the US gov is run by corporations? This country isn't falling apart? There isn't rampant corruption? People are tired of this, they are tired of not being heard. It's not just like that here, people are tired all over.

I've already gone over how targets are picked, besides that any1 can use the Anonymous name. I'm not here to guess to you on why they haven't hacked Al Jazeera. Who the f*ck knows what the next target will be, guess we'll find out when it happens It just amazes me that there are such a large number of complacent people. So tell me, what is it that you are doing to combat the problem's we face? What precedent are you setting? I love how you find it ok that some people brought down PSN for fun (that's acceptable?) Yet what Anon has done is wrong? I fail to see the reasoning there.
Old 24 Jul 2011, 10:42 am   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to bmxer99

Quote:
I love how I'm a gov conspiracy nut (so be it) because I agree with what been accomplished as a whole. They have made some people wake the f*ck up. So it's not true that the US gov is run by corporations? This country isn't falling apart? There isn't rampant corruption? People are tired of this, they are tired of not being heard. It's not just like that here, people are tired all over.

I've already gone over how targets are picked, besides that any1 can use the Anonymous name. I'm not here to guess to you on why they haven't hacked Al Jazeera. Who the f*ck knows what the next target will be, guess we'll find out when it happens It just amazes me that there are such a large number of complacent people. So tell me, what is it that you are doing to combat the problem's we face? What precedent are you setting? I love how you find it ok that some people brought down PSN for fun (that's acceptable?) Yet what Anon has done is wrong? I fail to see the reasoning there.

Al Jazeera is not a ****ing terrorist network. Jesus christ, its a legit news source in the middle east, they are not tied to terrorism. They show the news uncensored, how it needs to be. and Anon is all about freedom of speech.
bmxer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 11:33 am   #14 (permalink)
Senior Tremekian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer99 View Post
Al Jazeera is not a ****ing terrorist network. Jesus christ, its a legit news source in the middle east, they are not tied to terrorism. They show the news uncensored, how it needs to be. and Anon is all about freedom of speech.
I never said it was The reason I said what I said was because it's not up to me to say why anonymous doesn't attack said "target" I was just pointing out the illegitimacy of the previous statement
Old 24 Jul 2011, 06:59 pm   #15 (permalink)
Cool Tremekian

Quote:

I don't approve of hacking at all, but at least LulzSec isn't pretending to be something it isn't. They aren't pretending to be a "higher social movement".

I'm not hacking into sites, that's what I am doing.

I didn't need a bunch of hacks to inform me of the way our country is run. Government is synonymous with corruption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer99 View Post
Al Jazeera has contacts who are terrorists. They should start handing out that list instead of posting emails between cops in Arizona.